Our popular Allotment Club for families with pre-schoolers is back and after so long, we cannot wait to get our hands back in the soil!
Join us every between 10am and 12pm in our beautiful garden, to grow together. You can expect to grow and harvest food, do some planting, take care of seedlings that you can also grow at home, have fun exploring bugs and get stuck into craft activities. There will be something new to do every week.
Please note the sessions will not run on Fridays 23 July, 27 August & 3 September.
- The sessions are free, accessible, inclusive, and open to all families with pre-schoolers
- Each week we would like you to book in advance one of the two slots, 10-10.45am or 11-11.45am. Don’t worry if you do not have access to the internet, each week we will allow some margin for people to drop in on the day and then you can book future sessions
- Free booking for two slots, 10-10.45am or 11-11.45am
- 1 family / household per garden bed
Other things to note to help you prepare for your visit:
To protect you and other families we are limiting the number of people in the garden to a maximum of 5 families at any one time to allow for safe social distancing. We encourage you to book in advance for the sessions though we will leave some margin for drop-in on the day. Keeping everyone safe during this time is our top priority; therefore we have the following precautions in place for the benefit of you and our staff.
- We will provide gloves and gardening tools for each family, which will be disinfected at the end of every session.
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon arrival, please make use of this facility
- Due to current COVID-19 regulations, our toilets will not be open to the public. Please use the park toilets in the adjacent cafe.
- We ask that you keep 2 metres away from other people in the garden.
- If you would like to visit our current exhibition Bedwyr Williams // MILQUETOAST in the gallery or browse our shop, we are using the NHS test and trace system, please download the NHS COVID app and scan the QR code.
- Please do not come to the garden at all if you, or someone you live with, has Covid symptoms, or have been asked to isolate by a tracking team.
- Please note children must be accompanied by an adult. Make sure you wear appropriate clothing for outdoor play.
We are monitoring the current situation in Southwark and will update this guidance when necessary. If you would like to ask a question about our safety measures, please email email@example.com
The Allotment Club for local families with pre-schoolers is the first in a larger programme of learning activities that we will start to offer in our spaces whenever regulations allow for indoor activities. For more information about when these other learning activities will be available, please sign up for our newsletter or give your contact details to the Workshop Leader at the allotment sessions.
The Allotment Club is generously supported by Southwark Council’s Neighbourhoods Fund and the Coop Local Community Fund.