Enjoy a series of free art workshops at Dilston Gallery during the summer holidays, with different activities each week and tailored to specific age groups. Explore nature in Southwark Park and make beautiful artwork. You will look at our local flora and fauna, make eco-friendly artwork and become ecology buffs!
Wed 28 July: A Hunt for Textures in Southwark Park // Led by Alexa Lowe
Wed 4 August: Monoprinting Nature // Led by Alexa Lowe
Wed 11 August: Shadows, Drawing and Water Painting // Led by Abigail Hunt
Wed 18 August: Natural Sculptures // Led by Abigail Hunt
Wed 25 August: Build your own Tree // Led by Alexa Lowe
Wed 1 September: Ecology Posters in the Park // Led by Abigail Hunt
The morning sessions (10am-12pm) are designed for Under Fives, while the afternoon sessions (1-3pm) are for 6-11 yrs. Though they are tailored to specific age groups, we will accommodate families with mixed ages and adapt the activities if required. Please note children must be accompanied by an adult.
We are limiting the number of people in the sessions to a maximum of 6 families at any one time to allow for sufficient social distancing. We encourage you to book in advance for the sessions though we will try to leave some margin for drop-in on the day.
Continuing to keep you and our staff safe is our top priority, therefore we have the following precautions in place:
- We will provide art materials for each family, which will be disinfected at the end of every session.
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon arrival, please make use of this facility
- We ask if adults could continue to wear nose and mouth coverings indoors
- We are using the NHS test and trace system, please download the NHS COVID app and scan the QR code.
- Dilston Gallery toilet is accessible and has baby changing facilities, this will be open to attendees and will be cleaned frequently throughout the session.
- Please remember, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell with coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has coronavirus and you have been notified to self-isolate.
We are monitoring the current situation in Southwark and will update this guidance when necessary. If you would like to ask a question about our safety measures, please email email@example.com